A response essay titled ‘An Agenda for Decolonizing Data Science’ for the special issue of Spheres Journal for Digital Cultures on ‘Spectres of AI’
Thematic report/essay on ‘Automating Informality: AI and labour in the global South’ for the GISWatch 2019 report
The Encyclopedia Must Fail! – notes of queering Wikipedia (Ada: A Journal of Gender, New Media and Technology) (Based on my experiences with /doing/ diversity based resource allocation, training and interventions in the Wikimedia Community in India)
- ‘Infusing Care in the Gig Economy’ – A reflective essay on researching the gig economy in the global South for the Next Billion Users series on The Hard Copy magazine
- I was interviewed as a social media influencer for social media trends of 2016 by The Hindu
- Recent article on playing PokemonGo in Bangalore, India
- Articles for ‘In PlainSpeak’, a feminist e-magazine published by TARSHI (Talking About Reproductive and Sexual Health Issues), a non-profit based out of Delhi, India. I firmly believe in /doing/+/feminisms/ and find semi-autobiographical accounts as a productive way to reflect upon feministing in daily life.
- Blog posts on contemporary+technology for The Indian Express, a leading English daily news publication in India. Here, I discuss privacy, big data, care, labor – all in the context of technology usage.
- I started a Facebook group in 2011 (ish) and continue to co-manage what has now grown to a community of 100,000 people called ‘Put Me In Touch’ (PMIT). In the absence of information and resource crowdsourcing platforms (or listing websites) such as Craigslist, Facebook has evolved to become a popular medium in India for producing hyperlocal community knowledge. PMIT went viral as an idea and has been further replicated in the form of 35+ city oriented groups. It has received extensive news coverage over the years and I briefly worked with the folks at Xerox Research Center, India to understand the phenomenon.
- Once upon a time I used to spend nights editing Wikipedia to insert non-scientific/non-Western/historical/military knowledge into the encyclopedia. I don’t find much time now but you can say hello here.